Kodi for iPhone – Hello to all APKRefer audience, today we are going to share the complete in-depth guide on kodi app for iPhone and you can than enjoy Kodi iOS app on iPhone, iPad or iPad Mini for free. The real objective of this guide is to explain the complete step by step process of downloading and installing kodi on iOS and here, we’ll be providing official links that will useful for all of you to have Kodi for iOS and you can enjoy all kodi content on iPhone or any other iOS based devices.
What is Kodi for iPhone?
Kodi for iPhone is what you can expect all free media streaming content direct on your iPhone. It can run on all operating systems such as iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac and Android and it was initially available for only the Xbox Media Center, it was later designed for other platforms as well.
Kodi for iOS devices need a jailbreak procedure until today, that may voids the warranty of your iOS device where you want to run kodi on iPhone, but now we have a solution where non-jailbroken can also have kodi on iPhone through different working methods that will be shared here in this post.
Kodi for iPhone without Jailbreak
Kodi iOS is not available on the official apple app store, that wasn’t the case in Android operating system. So you won’t be able to find the app on the iTunes Store. Instead, we need to download the kodi setup file and then use the Mac to install it on your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, & iPad Mini.
We are going to proceed further and guide our audience via the procedure to download kodi for iPhone and for other iOS devices. This method is specially designed for the users who have non-jailbroken iOS device. If you are one of those readers, then simply follow this guide instruction and you will get kodi on iPhone.
Requirements to Install Kodi on iPhone
Before you precede the installation, there are three requirements you need to fulfill to successfully install Kodi iOS.
- First of all, download the deb file for Kodi for iPhone from here – deb file
- Then proceed to download App signer for iOS from GitHub – App signer
- You have to get Xcode on your Mac from App center. – Xcode
All these three things are absolutely necessary if you want to install Kodi iOS on your iOS device. You need to have Mac PC at your home so that you can start the process without any issue. This is the only way to have Kodi on iOS devices if you don’t want to jailbreak those devices.
So follow below steps and you will understand how to get iOS kodi app easily:
- Connect the iPad/iPhone to your Mac via USB cable, and the device on where you want to use the app.
- Open the Xcode App and tap on Create New Project.
- In the menu, tap on Application, and then choose option Single View Application and then press Enter.
- Here, you have to enter an un-relevant name (which is not is use for any other project) for the app. For example: Kodi App for-iOS insite the name field.
- Now fill all remaining details and make sure you have enter your device and we strongly recommend you to keep it as normal as much possible.
- Now tap Next that will show you an error stating No Matching Profiles Found.
- Now tap on Add tab to resolve the issues and it will require your Apple Account ID to login and now choose the development team then wait until the Xcode solves your issue.
- If you want to install the app on multiple devices than you need to repeat the above process for all devices individually.
- Now, launch the iOS Signer App after extracting the app and create its shortcut home screen.
- You have to navigate and find the Kodi iOS .deb file that you have got on your Mac before and select it as the input file.
- Now go to Signing Certificate and select it and also select the Profile Kodi App for iOS that you had already created in Xcode new project.
- Now, enter the new name for kodi for iPhone and then tap Start and it will generate the IPA file.
- Once you complete the previous step, return to the Xcode App under your Mac virtual menu and then tap on Devices.
- Now select the Device iPhone or iPad that you would like to use the app on and tap tap on + icon and locate it on the bottom of the screen.
- Locate and get the IPA setup file. The installation may take few minutes and then detach the iOS device from your Mac after the completion of the last step.
- Now move to your Phone screen and locate the app icon and tap on it.
- Now the Kodi on iPhone installation is done and you can use it.
With above steps you can use the Kodi iOS/iPad app without jailbreak your device. The user might feel the method to be little complicated but it’s just lengthy. For the time being, this it the only process to follow and get kodi for iPhone, iPad and any iOS touch devices, without jailbreaking them.
Install Kodi for iPad/iPhone with Jailbreak
- At first, disable the pass code, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings > Move to ID > Then Pass Code.
- Now make your phone on Airplane mode, to do so, go to the Control Panel and turn off the network cellular data and Wi-Fi.
- A Key tool is needed to make jailbreak on iPhone and we recommend you an app call Pangu App from iTunes store.
- Open the Pangu app after installing it from iTunes on Mac or Pc to ensure that it works fine.
- Now plugin your iPhone, Pangu app will discover the connected iPhone.
- Choose to Backup and movie forward option.
- Once its finish, it will reboot the device many times and will show you successful completion on the entire process.
We hope you find this post helpful on Kodi for iPhone and now you can have Kodi on iOS devices and enjoy kodi content on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPad Mini.