You must agree with me that Google Chromecast is one of the most favorite and best streaming device in today’s time.
As you all know that Streaming from Chromecast is quite easy and sometimes streaming from the network streaming apps like kodi becomes a hectic task but you don’t need to worry about it because it is quite easy and we will explain to you how to chomecast with kodi works and how you can use kodi on chromecast.
Also Read: Kodi for iPhone
How to Use Chromecast with KODI
If someone still doesn’t know about this tremendous device from Google yet, if YES, then let’s understand quick intro about Chromecast device.
What is Chromecast Device?
Chomecast is a Google’s media device that was launched in 2014, Feb 3. It works as HDMI dongle device that is basically ROKU and Apple TV or even Google TV. It also allows you to stream from your Tablet, iPhone, Laptop to your TV specially NetFlix or YouTube.
You can even cast your chrome browser directly to the HDTV and that way you can get access to other absent media sources such as Hulu that are not currently supported by other apps. This HDMI device will cost you around $35 bucks that plug into your HDMI port on the television.
Some of you must have been thinking that this is a Google TV, but it is not a Google TV. It is a separate product from Google that offers an exciting way of streaming media to your TV. However, there were a bunch of issues with this device initially but later they were fixed and still the fixing process has been going on.
The last update of the Chromecast app was updated on December 17, 2015, with general bug fixes and overall improvements. According to NPD group which was also known as National Purchase Diary, about 400 million cast been sold in its released year and that was confirmed that Chromecast is the top-selling media device in the United States.
Also Read: Kodi APK
Now, let’s come to the main topic:
Which is how to Chromecast xbmc in the easiest way, and well we have two methods here for chromecast with Kodi and one is the simple but battery consuming way and the other one is the little bit long but it will not consume so much battery, Choice is yours.
Note: We are using Android device here to stream Kodi content and streaming Kodi with Chromecast from iOS devices is not supported.
How to Use Chromecast with Kodi?
Here we are going to share two methods with you, the first one is the simple way and the second one is the Long way so you can follow based on your interest.
The Simple Way:
- Open chromecast app on your Android phone, and now open the menu and choose “Cast Screen/audio”. Simply follow the instructions for connecting to chromecast.
- Open Kodi and find and play with the video you want to watch.
- It will now start playing on both device, and the battery consuming thing here is that you can’t turn off the screen or attend the calls etc.
The Long Way:
- Download Kodi, ES File Explorer, Localcast and Playerfactorycore.
- Open ES File Explorer and navigate to its settings and then display settings, and make sure that “show hidden files” is selected there.
- Now also make sure that Kodi (formerly XBMC) media center is connected to Kodi App.
- Now navigate to the folder where you downloaded playerfactorycore.xml file and copy it.
- Now go to Android > Data > org.xbmc.kodi > File > .kodi > here look for userdata folder and then paste the playerfactorycore.xml file in this folder.
- Now open Kodi and search for the video which you want to play and it will now automatically launch the localcast app. If it asks to choose from chromecast and localcast, simply select local cast.
- Once it completed the loading, it will ask you to play and choose the device to stream.
- Now again it will prompt you to play and finally, your video will start playing on TV connected with chromecast.
If you’re having any difficulty in executing steps, just follow this video guide by raybansandfedora on YouTube.
If the above two are somehow not working for you then simply use Yatse (free Kodi third-party remote) or cast4kodi ($5) to stream kodi to chromecast from android.
Use Kodi TV as Chromecast:
What if you want to achieve a polar opposite of the above-mentioned tutorial and here you can find a complete guide on how you can play any link on your KODI TV from your smartphone. In other words, here is the simple method of turning your Kodi TV into a chromecast.
Android has a lot more options as compared to iOS and that is why we recommend you to use an Android phone to Chromecast to Kodi TV.
- First, you need to open settings of your KODI TV and go to System > Services. Here you will need to enable Remote Control.
- After that, Go to the Settings > System info and note down IP address of your Kodi TV.
- Now, install Kore Kodi Remote App on your smartphone with this LINK.
- After that app is installed, open it and it will automatically scan for your Kodi TV on the network and show you the same.
- Now connect to the Kodi TV from the remote app and now minimize the kore app using the home button.
- Now open the video link, it could be on Youtube app or in Chrome and press Share button.
- You will so many options and you need to tap into Play on Kodi
- It will push the link to the TV and now you can even turn off your smartphone wi-fi and the video will still continue to play, just like in a Chromecast.
So finally, you have the complete procedure on how to use Chromecast with Kodi and now you can watch Kodi media content with Chromecast device.